Not long now until Christmas day and you might be rushing to find some last minute gifts or something for the host / hostess of the party?? Buying a bottle of vino is an easy fix, but we’ve got some ideas up our sleeve that will turn your regular bottle of wine into a festive mulled wine treat!
- Preloved cable-knit sweater (you probably have one in the back of your closet, or you can grab an inexpensive one from the thrift store like we did!)
- Fabric shears
- Silk ribbon
- Favorite bottle of wine to gift
- Mulled wine pack (cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise)
- Gift tags
- Lay one sleeve of your sweater on a flat surface and place the bottle on top. Use the bottle to measure how much of the sleeve you will need to cover the bottle
- Use the fabric shears to cut the sleeve off
- Turn the sleeve inside out and grasp the bottom of the sleeve
- Wrap twine around the end of the sleeve and tie a tight knot
- Flip the sleeve back the right way and place the bottle inside
- Secure the top with some twine and cover the twine with a silk ribbon bow
- Gather together the essential spices for mulled wine and place it in a cellophane/gift bag. We recommend Ina’s recipe > H E R E < if you need one!
- Tie one of our cute > G I F T T A G S < around the bag to finish the look
And there you have it, a gift for the grown-ups that will definitely be a crowd pleaser!