Only one more sleep until Christmas and we’ve saved the best for last! Who doesn’t love the explosive excitement that a pinata brings to any event. Our Christmas pinata parcels guarantee messy fun (without the need for hazardous smashing!) and will certainly bring festive cheer and delight to anyone who receives your gift. Our pinata’s make a perfect craft project for the kids, so if you have time to spare this Christmas eve why not get crafty and enjoy wrapping your gift in this truly fun-filled way!
- Your gift – make sure that it is small enough to be embedded in the pinata with lots of stuffing! Perfect for stocking stuffer size gifts! We used our custom lettered return address stamp…if you want to check it out, visit our shop > H E R E <
- Brown paper / wrapping paper
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
- Foam-core or cardboard
- Pencil or chalk pencil
- Double sided tape
- Your choice of stuffing – sequins, pom-poms, crinkle paper
- Bone folder
- Ribbon (optional)
- Using a piece of foam-core or cardboard, sketch your desired pinata shape. We’ve chosen to do a star, but you can do any shape you like! Perhaps a Christmas tree, bell, bauble or even Santa.
- Place the foam-core on top of a cutting mat and carefully cut your shape out using an X-acto knife. This will form the template of your pinata
- You may want to cut a few inches away from your actual sketch if you’d like your pinata to be larger
- Measure and cut some brown paper/wrapping paper. Make sure that you have enough paper so that you are able to fold it in half and still have enough to cover your template
- Trace out your shape using your foam-core template with the top of your shape near the fold
- Cut out your shape, leaving about 2 inches at the top of your shape where it will create a loop
- Slowly start to seal the edges of your shape using double sided tape
- Place stuffing into the corners of your shape as you go. We used a bone folder to help us gently push the stuffing into corners
- Before you seal your final edge, embed your gift in the center of your pinata
- Make sure to use lots of fun stuffing material! We used sequins and pom-poms as well as crinkle paper
- Once you have sealed all sides, decorate the outside with your favorite trims.
- To open, just pierce the center of the pinata and let loose!
And THAT’S A WRAP folks! Thanks for reading along and following our journey of the 12 Days of Wrapping! We hope you have a wonderful time with your loved ones and hopefully they Ooohh and Aaaahh over all the gifts you have lovingly wrapped for them!
Please share our posts if you’ve loved what you have seen on our blog! And don’t forget to follow us on our social media accounts to stay up to date on all our RLD inspo!