Wrapping presents can be super stressful and very messy if you don’t know what you’re doing. For all those last minute gifts and busy peeps that haven’t been able to wrap anything yet, here are a few tips! We’re going back to basics and showing you how to easily wrap rectangular and cylindrical gifts!
- Rectangular gift
- Cylindrical gift
- Tape (we’re using super tape for the glitter paper from Paper Source)
- Your favorite trims
RECTANGULAR / SQUARE GIFT
- Measure out and cut enough wrapping paper to cover your gift
- Take one side of your wrapping paper and fold over to the other side. Just over the halfway point should be good!
- Place the tape on the inside of the paper and fold over tightly. The super tape should hold well onto the glitter paper, if that’s what you’re using.
- To fold the sides, make sure that you don’t have too much wrapping paper. If you do, cut off the excess leaving roughly the same amount as the height of the gift.
- Fold down the top flap so that it tightly wraps the edge and tape down if you’d like
- To fold the sides of the package, crease the paper where it naturally lies after the top has been folded down
- Then fold the right and left sides in so that they tightly wrap the edges
- Place double-sided tape on the top of the remaining flap
- Fold up to complete the edge
- Repeat steps 4 – 6 for the other side
- Finish with your favorite trimmings. We’ve used our cute gift tags which can be downloaded for free > H E R E <
- Measure out and cut enough paper to cover your gift
- Tape one edge down to the gift to get a tight fit around the cylinder
- Roll the paper around the gift and use double sided tape to hold down the two sides of the wrapping paper around the gift
- To fold the sides, make sure that you don’t have too much wrapping paper. If you do, cut off the excess leaving roughly the same amount as the diameter of the gift
- Take any part of the wrapping paper to slowly fold and press the wrapping paper down. Aim the fold toward the center of the circle until all parts of the gift are covered
- For the last fold, cut a piece of double sided tape to fold down and secure (regular tape for non-glittery paper)
- This part should be easier since you can stand the cylinder on the side that already has been wrapped
- Repeat step 2 to cover the other side
- Finish with your favorite trimmings. Get your cute gift tags which can be downloaded for free > H E R E <
Want more? Follow us on > I N S T A G R A M < !
Be sure to come back tomorrow for the most FUN wrapping solution ever! Think pinata….Happy Friday everyone!